The term "gourmet," can be thrown around by marketers and advertisers alike to help sell their products. It is something we don't care for, because it takes away from the culinary efforts of those prepared meal delivery services that truly want to offer their customers a gourmet meal.
What are Gourmet Meals?
If you are interested in gourmet meal delivery, look for companies that meet this criteria:
- The ingredients they use are either exotic or of premium quality, or both.
- The meal is prepared with advanced skill or technique.
Gourmet Meal Delivery Services
Home Bistro Rack of Lamb with Brown Garlic Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Peas with Onions.
If you are shopping for a gourmet meal delivery service, you are a gourmand, a person who appreciates fine dining. In this section, it is our goal to help find these gourmet meals that will meet your expectations. If you are buying a package to give as a gift, we believe your efforts will be duly rewarded.
Let us help you find a gourmet meal delivery service. We will show some of the individual meals below, but here is a list of companies that we believe will not disappoint you:
- Gourmet Station - These meals are of very high quality and feature entrees such as Manchester Quail, Wagyu Top Sirloin Steaks, and Chicken Wellington. You won't find these on any other menu. The meals are not microwave-ready, but they come with unique cooking tins and easy directions to make a perfect meal every time. continued
More Gourmet Recommendations
- Fossil Farms - This is an online company that specializes in high-quality exotic meats that also organic. You can choose from Alligator, Antelope, Elk, Emu, Foie Gras, Kangeroo, Ostrich, Partridge, Rattlesnake, Venison, Yak, and about 25 other exotic meats. These meats do not come prepared, but the company has a free downloadable recipe book for you to enjoy.
- Lobster Anywhere is a website where you can have fresh live Maine lobster shipped to you overnight. You can also get lobster meat, lobster tails, and lobster claws. The Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is to die for, and you have to add some chowder to any order you place.
- Angelina's of Maryland - Here is a stop for the gourmand that is willing to drive to Maryland just to savor the bounty of fresh Chesapeake Bay crab meat, except now you don't have to drive there. Choose from crab cakes, steamed crabs, crab bisque, or jumbo lumb crab meat for your gourmet treats.
- Johnson County Hams - Not only is this an amazing gourmet meal delivery service for the holidays, they satisfy your cravings for dry cured ham that is aged based on a recipe from the early American colonists. Any gourmand would take great pleasure in putting out their prosciutto as an appetizer. You can get it by the slice or a whole boneless prosciutto ham. Worth a visit!
- For the Gourmet - Here is a company that is dedicated to providing you with the best gourmet foods from around the world. Want to give Molecular Gastronomy a try? You can here. How about some carved vegetables, anchovies from the Mediterranean, cheese, chocolate, and meat and poultry. A playground for the gourmand.
An absolutely incredible meal! We wish it came with a vegetable, but it is still amazing, and you get two! It come in an oven ready with easy directions. Anyone can make this.
Live Maine Lobster
You can these live, cooked, in pieces, or as lump lobster meat. So many choices, plus some great sides like Lobster Mac and Cheese. Go now!
A perfectly prepared meal with the culinary "extra-effort" going into the cooking of the beef. You won't find anything close to this and for $9 it's a good portion and a great value.
Here are some gourmet meal delivery services we have personally tried and highly recommend. Note: These are pictures from our kitchen, not manufacturer pictures.
Beef Sirloin Morel
A very close second to Healthy Chef Creations Filet Mignon. Can also be reheated to a medium pink center. Great sides too, and a very generous portion size.
An amazing high-quality steak for a very affordable price. It's almost impossible to mess this up. It's that good.
This is the only duck meal that made our list, and it was exceptional. It doesn't microwave, but comes with everything you need for an excellent meal. Well worth it.
Gourmet Meal Delivery Services with the Top Menus
This page was last updated: 4/22/2016
Copyright 2011 Prepared-Meals.com All Right Reserved - Non-original art lisenced by Shutterstock